A crown is a replacement for the outer layers of a tooth. It “caps” the portion of the tooth above the gum line. Crowns can be made of metal, ceramic, or a combination of the two. Over the past 20 years, Dr. Gilleland has treated thousands of dental patients with beautiful, long-lasting crowns from our relaxing, comfortable Port Charlotte dental office.
A crown restores the strength and stability to a tooth that is too weak to function on its own. A crown may be necessary if:
- You have consistent failing of a large filling
- A large portion of the tooth is missing due to trauma or decay
- Moderate to severe wear is causing long-term tooth problems
- You’ve undergone root canal therapy
- You have aesthetic concerns
- Cracks have weakened the tooth strength
At our Port Charlotte dental office, we provide dental restoration treatment that meets a high standard of quality. The crown must fit absolutely perfectly and you must be completely satisfied before we permanently seat your crown. Dr. Gilleland uses the best materials and labs in the US, and works closely with them to create crowns that are beautiful, natural looking, and long lasting.