Bridges replace missing teeth to restore proper form and function to the mouth. A bridge can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these materials. It is fixed in the mouth and not removable, which allows it to look and function like natural teeth.
A bridge can:
- Restore the aesthetics of your smile
- Give back your ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the original shape of your face
- Distribute chewing forces more evenly among your existing teeth to prevent wear and tear
- Prevent your remaining teeth from drifting out of position
A bridge can last a lifetime if it is taken care of properly, and if the surrounding teeth, gums, and bone stay healthy. To ensure the longevity of your bridge, it is important to brush with fluoride toothpaste twice a day and floss daily. Also, be sure to see Dr. Gilleland and our hygiene team for regular checkups and professional cleanings at our Port Charlotte, FL dental office.
Trust Your Smile to an Expert!
Dr. Gilleland has provided restorative dentistry—including bridgework—to patients throughout the Port Charlotte area for more than 20 years. His stellar reputation has led to his selection as a TOP Dentist in Sarasota Magazine every year since 2012!