Dr. Gilleland is a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and comes from a long line of dentists that spans three generations: his father was a dentist, and so was his grandfather.
Dr. Gilleland attended the University of Pittsburgh for undergraduate school and graduated from Emory University School of Dentistry in Atlanta, Georgia in 1987. In addition to his passion for dentistry, his hobbies include fishing, boating, scuba diving, biking, woodworking, and the arts.
Dr. Gilleland is currently a member of the following organizations
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Charlotte County Dental Association
- West Coast Dental Association
- Sarasota County Dental Association
- Staff dentist on Charlotte County Project Dental Care
- American Academy of Dental Sciences
He has completed advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, implants, anesthesia, and reconstructive dentistry, which includes crown and bridge work, dentures, partials, implants, veneers, and more.
Dr. Gilleland worked with a large group practice in Atlanta for three years before relocating to Port Charlotte in early 1990. He has practiced in Port Charlotte for more than 20 years. In 1999 he built a new, modern, state-of-the-art dental facility located at 2496 Caring Way in Port Charlotte, where he runs his dental practice today.